We learn best from mentors that understand us. With our world class mentors from top US schools, and student-mentor ratio of 1:3, we build lifelong relationships between students.
We believe in "Show, Don't Tell". Instead of lectures, we will illustrate every with an opportunity to do hands-on creation, from ball-room dancing to making robots.
We believe that curiosity underlies all education. Instead of dividing between STEM and humanities, we focus on the entire knowledge spectrum, and create rich interdisciplinary experiences for our students.
Education does not end with just the summer camp. Through our programs, we create educational mindsets and habits that stay with the students, so that the learning continues for many more years.
Public speaking is the cornerstone of an effective leader. Join our acclaimed teachers, who have taught more than 500+ students, to learn the nuances of speech, rhetoric, body language, poise and confidence. At the end of the program, each student will receive a professionally produced recording of a TEDx-like speech they will deliver.
Software is eating the world, and opening the door for Artificial Intelligence. You don't have to be a coder, but you need to understand its implications. Learn a high level overview of app design, understand the implications of the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence - and how to use it to your advantage.
Entrepreneurship favors the prepared mind. Learn the best practices of a testing hypotheses, rapid prototyping, design thinking, customer discovery, raising VC, pitching and recruiting, so that you can become an invaluable asset to any startup ... or start your own.
If you don't understand people, you will never win friends and influence people. Through improv, role-playing exercises, and authentic relation training, learn how to read another's body language and modulate your own, resolve difficult conversations, set boundaries, discuss sensitive issues, and advocate effectively for yourself and others.
If you don't build your own dreams, someone will hire you to build theirs. Prepare for an unconventional life, learn about geographic arbitrage to live like a king, strategic thinking to set far-away goals, how to get the most out college, develop the habit of life-long learning, and set a direction for your life.
Imagine being able to control your entire environment. Virtual reality is the next computing platform, and test bed for your craziest dreams. Try out the latest gear in VR, including new devices before they even reach market. Understand what it takes to program experiences for yourself. Welcome to the Matrix.
- Formerly Microsoft China’s General Counsel
- Assisted over 250 companies in setting up businesses in China
- Set-up a business incubator where he’s worked with and invested in over 20 early-stage companies.
- Recently joined the Board of Directors of Ethereum, a crypto-currency platform
- In Beijing for the past 25 years.
- Founder, General Partner at 1517, A VC Fund, targeted at world-changing millennials
- Founding Member of Thiel Fellowship, designed and launched the 20 Under 20 program. Created a thriving 1000+ member Thiel Fellowship Community
- Founder of Innovations Academy, a non-profit charter school with over 160 students in its first year
- Founder & President of Mediation-Consulting – supports senior executives in strategic and managerial decision-making
- Writes a monthly chronicle for Harvard Business Review in France
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce of Paris, and multiple Sino-French international relations councils
-worked and travelled in around 60 countries
- Maker-expert from the Netherlands. He has been making software for 15 years.
- started creating websites at 11
- moved to Ireland at 16, worked at Microsoft, building large scale enterprise resource planning systems
- Loves to help people realize their dreams through building awesome hardware projects
- Admin of largest ShenZhen makerspace association
- Founded Five by Five, one of Europe’s pioneering open innovation consultancies.
- Led the 500-strong tech volunteer team of the President of the Philippines in the aftermath of super-typhoon Haiyan
- Co-directs the Open Data Institute Paris - - Serves France as an advisor to the Ministry of Health, the government open data taskforce open and the Conseil Economique Sociale et Environnementale (CESE), its third chamber
- Founded a Paris-based brand strategy and management company. Worked with several internationally renown brands and private families in Europe and China
- A strategic advisor and planner in confidential missions
- She initiated Nebula Sight to help promising companies with great vision become future prestigious brands.
- French Innovator of the Year by the MIT Technology Review (TR35)
- Laureate of the Worldwide Innovation Challenge
- Founded Eligo Bioscience, a biotechnology company that develops the next generation of antimicrobials based on CRISPR/Cas system for precision microbiome-engineering.
- Founded Hello Tomorrow, global nonprofit now operating in 30 countries, with 12 full time employees in Paris and 100 volunteers across 45 cities. Our community gathers more than 12,000 innovators: students, scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and corporates.
- Founder and CEO of Snips, who builds an Artificial Intelligence to make technology disappear.
- TR35 by the MIT Technology Review, "30 under 30" by Forbes,
- Started coding at the age of 10, founded his first startup at 14 and created a web development agency at 15 before starting his PhD at the age of 21.
- BSc in Computer Science and a PhD in Bioinformatics from University College London (UCL), as well as two graduate degrees from Singularity University in Silicon Valley and THNK in Amsterdam.
- Founder & CEO of Omate – a wearable tech startup established in 2013, and raised 1M on Indiegogo.
- 500startups alum, Mentor at Acceleratech and StartupSalad, contributor at StartupGrind
- 11 years of experience in Mobile Design, 9 years of living and working in ShenZhen
- He is the owner of the largest Wearable / IoT professional group on LinkedIn with over 25,000 members.
From a small fishing village just 30 years ago, Shenzhen has become China's newest metropolis. Home to the world's high tech manufacturing and startup eco-system, Shenzhen is a glimpse into the future of tomorrow. With a tropical climate, an hour drive from HK, it's like the combination of Silicon Valley + Miami, next door to a New York nightlife.
With special partnerships, we will have frequent guest lectures from China's hottest startups, visits to local accelerators, and a chance to discover the modern face of China.
Prometheus Education 2016 Summer Camp will be on a beachside hotel in IDTown, next to Shenzhen, Guangdong. IDTown has a thriving art scene, and cozy accommodations, see below for pictures. The program will rent the entire camp from mid-July to August to afford students the opportunity to forge meaningful connections away from life's many distractions.
We are looking for hungry, curious, motivated kids around the world.